Why LiFePo4 batteryforsolarsystem?(A)
Ⅱ． Lifetime factors:
1. The solar modules usually are installed the remote places where is not so convenient to get the electricity power. If you need to replace battery every 2 or 3 years, do you think it is troublesome or not ? moreover, the lifetime of the solar modules are 20 years, so you can calculate how many times you need to replace the lead acid batteries?
2. After 2000 times cycling test under 1C discharge condition in the lab, there only 8 percent of the capacity has been reduced for LiFePo4. If take a normal battery lifetime as a standard, the lifetime of the LiFePo4 is far more long as expected, at least fifteen years. (There is a criterion in battery industry.it says that the battery life is end when its capacity remains less than 60%)
3. Also check the Hipower discharge curve at 0.5C
The voltage keeps 98%, and the capacity resumes 98%
Store the fully charged battery under room temperature (55℃±5℃) for 7 days to test the capacity resume ability. (Current: 0.2C charge)
The capacity resumes 98%
h. recycle testing. (50Ah- 0.5C charging and discharging data)
a. basic performance under different discharging rate
Discharging Rate Capacity/Ah Capacity rate Mid voltage/V Energy/Wh Peak power/W Energy density Power density
0.2c 50.104 100% 3.25 160.14 33.5 114.4 23.9
0.5c 49.623 99.0% 3.215 156.223 84.575 111.6 60.4
1c 48.713 97.2% 3.17 150.487 167.45 107.5 119.6
2c 47.509 94.8% 3.097 142.947 329.2 102.1 235.1
Curve: (50Ah discharging )
Ⅲ． Weight and size factor
1. Small in Size and light in weight, for example , 12V70AH Lead Acis battery is 22Kg, and 12V30Ah LiFePo4 is just 5Kg, and only 1/4 weight and 1/3 size of Lead Acid
2. Since Lifepo4 has adavantages on size and weight,much cost can be saved during transportation and installation.
Ⅳ． Installation method factor
1. The way of installation of lead a cid battery is not as flexible as Lifepo4.
Lead acid can be only mounted up right.but lifepo4 can be mounted at any orientation except up-side-down.
2. Besides its flexibility of direction of installation,Lifepo4 battery can be fixed as any different parts and different configuration according to the specific space of the application.
Ⅴ． Economic benefits factor
1. For the same capacity and voltage of lead acid battery and Lifepo4 battery,the price of Lifepo4 battery is three times high as lead acid battery.since we have stated above,we only need to consider the charging capacity instead of maximum charging current it can absorb.thus we only need 50% capacity as lead acid .that is to say if we need 70ah lead acid battery,35ah Lifepo4 is enough.in this way,the cost of Lifepo4 is very close to lead acid battery.
2. That is to say ,with Lifepo4 battery, The charging time of the solar panels can be longer and the loss of the Voltage will be less. And the efficiency of the solar panels will be increased 20%--30%. For the price of the solar panels,. If you choose LiFePo4 battery as storage , means you can earn a LiFePo4 battery first.
LiFePO4 battery,as the most enviromentally friendly,safest,high capacity battery,is gradually replacing any other batteires such as lead acid, NiMH, NiCd, LiCoO2, LiMn2O4 ect.
Working Temperature factor:
Discharging date under different temperature：
Temperature Capacity/Ah Capacity rate
25℃ 52.09 100%
55℃ 52.10 100%
-20℃ 31.4 60.3%
It has huge market that even beyong your imagination.
Why LiFePo4 battery forsolarsystem?WhyLiFePo4 battery for solar system?